Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tool #3

I have been using Discovery Education videos for many years, and I have found them extremely useful. I like to use them in a computer lab setting where students can view, pause, and answer questions at their own pace.

  A good video on a Roman ballista


A nice PPT video on Roman government

These both came from TeacherTube, and it was easy to use, but the embed code was not present in every video I watched.

Copyright laws are so important, especially now with the proliferation of the internet. I think teaching attribution is very important, because now that you can copy and paste just about anything, the idea of intellectual property seems to slip people's mind. The website http://librarycopyright.net/resources/exceptions/?startOver=true used on the instructions no longer works.

I was very interested in the way to save videos from YouTube- I had not heard that before. I also would like to know where the SBISD Media Server is.

I liked the Dropbox and it seems quite easy to use. I need to play around with it a little more to figure out how students would use it, as it concerns me that it seems like anyone with access can delete any file. I seem to be able to already utilize all of these functions with the current server usage. Perhaps with the new technology coming our way we will have some that cannot access the servers, but would be able to access the internet. In those cases, this definitely could be useful storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment