Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tool #4

I love Google Docs. I don't remember who introduced me to it, but it has so many uses. It has a lot of overlap with a text document/presentation being dropped into my folder, BUT students can work on the same project simultaneously, which has good points and bad points.

In my department, there could be usage when compiling data such as enrollment, awards, and all kinds of things that need everyone's input in a single document. In the classroom it has all kinds of uses. I have used it to create presentations where each student was responsible for a certain part. With documents, I have had students prepare translations, with moderate success, as most need practice with proofreading skills. I am looking forward to using this more in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment